Life & Lifestyle Lessons from The Ultra-Successful
The super-rich and super-successful are so for a reason. “Habits make the man” is an age-old proverb which only goes to reiterate the fact that you are a function of your habits. Successful people have a few common traits and habits which have played a major role in their success.
These four super-successful humans have discovered different keys to success. Here’s what we can learn from them while we continue working towards the success we aspire for.
Warren Buffer, Chairman & CEO of Berkshire Hathaway | Net Worth: $76.3 billion
Key lessons: First invest from whatever you earn and plan your expenses with whatever’s left
- Warren Buffet lives in modest home he had bought almost 60 years back.
- He still uses his retro Nokia flip-phone and has no internet to upgrade soon.
- He stays away from rich folks’ toys like luxury cars & yachts.
- Warren bought his first stock when he was 11 years old and still regrets for not having started sooner.
Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook I Net Worth $ 54.9 billion
Key Lesson: Your focus on spending will haze your vision for success.
- Mark prefers to wear simple T-shirts and jeans to avoid unnecessary distractions and unproductive use of time.
- He drives a $30,000 Volkswagen hatchback, which is also pretty efficient in mileage and maintenance.
- He believes in close-knit rejoice instead of lavish parties
Carlos Slim: Mexican Business Tycoon I Net Worth: $ 49.0 billion
Key Lesson: Live a simple yet fulfilling lifestyle.
- Carlos lives in the same house since 40 years. He does own other real estates but has no intentions to shift.
- Carlos does not spend on luxury vehicles and gadgets. He drives himself to work, every single day.
- Carlos loves to indulge in home-cooked meals with his family.
Azim Premji, Chairman of Wipro Ltd I Net Worth: $ 6.1 billion
Key Lesson: Value utility over cost and focus on getting things done.
- Azim Premji drove modest cars like Ford’s escort and Toyota Corolla before upgrading to a used Mercedes.
- He flies economy and prefers modest hotels over luxury ones.
- He does not mind walking his way or taking an autorickshaw to nearby places.
Let’s learn from the best to be the best. Start planning your finance now.